Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

I hope everyone had a great start to 2009. We sure did.

On Wednesday Beet and Beet's mom came over for supper. We had black eyed pea soup and pigs in a blanket. Boy howdy was it all good! I used the black eyed pea soup recipe here but changed it a bit. First of all I didn't put it in the crock pot, I sauteed the veggies, used turkey kielbasa, 4 cans of chicken broth, instead of the dried beans I used 2 cans of drained and rinsed beans, added a pinch of red pepper, omitted the Tabasco sauce and didn't mash the beans. In the future I am going to add a bit of cabbage to it and more veggies. It was a big hit all the way around.

Beet's mom left about 9:00 leaving Beet to spend the night with Sweet. Beet and Sweet, who were both very tired, decided to make cupcakes to keep them up until midnight. Delicious!

Cool and I were both in bed by 11:30. The picklets and Beet all stayed up until at least midnight. They rung in the new year with orange juice mixed with Diet Pepsi Wild Cherry. Yuck!

On Thursday Cool and I decided we were going to move a TV cabinet into Sweet's room and do some more clearing out. About 11:30 we fixed chili cheese fries and decided we really didn't want to do anything. So he and I spent the day in bed watching movies. I can not remember the last time we did that. We cuddled, laughed and enjoyed leftovers...all in bed! While he took a nap I watched a Bones marathon that was on TNT.

I went to bed about 9:00. All that TV watching really wore me out I guess. The kids got to stay up pretty late again but that is OK. It is winter break after all.

Today I am going to pick up the house, dust the living room and vacuum. I am hoping the part for my washer gets here so I can do laundry. I haven't been able to since last week and we are running out of clothes not to mention room to keep the dirty ones.

I decided to start a new blog this morning. This time for only pictures. I am certainly ambitious if nothing else.
Homefront Cooking--cooking, recipes, menu's and pictures
Trimming Down All The Way Around--a journal of changes
A Picture A Day--self explanatory

No comments: