Thursday, February 26, 2009

Boone County Historical Center, part 2

When we left the main hall we went up a set of stairs to the 2nd floor. To say this place was unorganized would be an understatement. I now wish I would have taken a picture of the whole thing so I could show you instead of trying to explain it. You had to walk sideways through areas and weave in and out of displays. There were places you had to step over things laying on the floor. It was just thrown up there in hopes of, one day, getting organized. I say this with experience because my basement looked much the same last summer. We did see alot of neat things and had alot of fun dodging everything.

Sweet is the next Vanna!
Photobucket
Chip got the biggest kick out of this Brick Town set.
Photobucket
Chip also got a big kick out of the back side of this radio. He took 7 pictures of it!
Photobucket
Spectacles, testicles, wallet, watch and nitro so says dad. Sorry, family joke...mom you get it,right? Anyway, no need to wait a week. Glasses made while you wait!
Photobucket
This Phylco TV was amazing. I loved the way the screen can move up and down. I wonder if we could hook the DVD player up to it...lol
Photobucket
Retro and educational? I soooooooo want this game! Who knows, maybe I had it when I was gowing up. I know I had the Grease album next to it.
Photobucket
I also had one of these nifty Bee Gee's transistor radios.
Photobucket
Dill stood over and read the directions for injecting this anti-venom. Can you say OUCH!
Photobucket
This mallet was almost as big as Sweet. How anyone could lift and hit with this thing makes me wonder.
Photobucket
Here is the story behind the mallet.
Photobucket

We really had a good field trip day. After we left the Historical Center we headed home listening to A Short History of the United States by Edward Chaning. We stopped at a DQ had an ice cream cone for a snack, bought milk in a bag and stopped to see my mom and dad. It was a great day!

No comments: