Thursday, May 14, 2009

Week in Review

It has been almost a week since I posted, but there really hasn't been a lot going on.

Mother's Day was absolutely, relaxingly wonderful. I was served a breakfast of dunkin' eggs, toast, juice and coffee in bed with a side of red Starbursts, two packs of gum and a freshly picked violet from the yard. After I ate I was given a Willow Tree figurine. I LOVE Willow Tree! This one was a "school marm". That's me!

I stayed in bed watching Married With Children, checked my email, watched some more TV, made a plate of microwave nachos about noon and took a nap in the afternoon. Cool and I went "curb shopping", one of our favorite activities, about 6:00 and stopped at the gas station to buy a malt. It was nasty and I won't make that mistake again. We picked up a card table and 4 folding chairs. We didn't have one and really could use it. We watched more TV and were in bed by 9:00. I did absolutely NOTHING and LOVED it.

Monday we had a meeting at Sokol. Sweet had some time on the mat before the other classes started and worked on her round-off, back handspring, back flip. She is landing on her feet though her flip isn't going as high in the air as it should.

Tuesday we went on our annual Mother's Day Mushroom Hunt, cause it was too cold for mushrooms on Sunday. I found out that mom and dad were camping in the park we planned on going to so decided to have a picnic with them. Cool got off work early and we headed up to the park. The clouds kept rolling in but it didn't discourage us. We got to the park about 5:00, got half way around the lake when the lightning, thunder and rain started. We had to call my dad to pick us up on the other side of the lake. We ended up taking the burgers home and cooking them on the stove top since the rain put out the fire and filled up the fire ring.

We saw goslings, deer in the woods, many tracks and actually found mushrooms! Of course Of course I didn't have my camera with me. It never fails...if I don't have my camera there is a ton to shoot.

Wednesday I worked all day. We had the last meeting of the school year with our supervising teacher. She gave the kids Popsicles in which they were eternally grateful. Sweet cracked her lip open earlier in the day so it felt good on her lip.

The picklets have been working in workbooks for our scholastic experience for the week. I did start each of the kids using Mindsprinting for math. I love it as it gives an assessment test and places them in the proper level. It isn't a compete curriculum, but with some supplementing it is pretty good. The best part is that it is free! Today I am hoping to make a Diet Coke Geyser after our morning activities. Only time will tell and I will post more on that later.

I wish I could say we have been more interesting but I just have no umph in preparing fun things to do.

© 2008-2009 Wicked Pickles-Homefront Lines
All Rights Reserved

No comments: