Friday, June 11, 2010

A Scare

My phone rang this afternoon. I answered and Cool, in a somewhat frantic voice, said he was checking the newspaper website and clicked on Operation Quickfind. Dill's dance partner, 14 years old and a homeschooler, has been missing since 1:30 yesterday afternoon. All I could say was, "Oh my God!" I said it enough times that the picklets became concerned.

I told them what was going on. They quit eating their lunch. Scared was an understatement. We looked the quickfind up on the Internet and read it, watched the news to see if there was an update and waited. The kids sat in front of the TV and I tended to some business in the kitchen. Anything to keep our minds busy.

THANKFULLY she was located a few hours later. I don't know any of the circumstances but am so thankful that she is found. Cool and I used this opportunity to talk to the picklets (again) about stranger danger, having their cell phones and using their head. We also drew them close and hugged the pickles out of them.

© 2008-2010 Wicked Pickles-Homefront Lines

No comments: