Sunday, July 25, 2010

Graffiti Artist

Photobucket
She looks innocent, doesn't she? This angelic 11 year old couldn't possibly be a graffiti artist. Or could she?

A couple weeks ago, after delivering papers, Sweet went off on her bike for a morning ride. She came back a few minutes later and asked Dill if he wanted to go with her. He said yes and went outside. I looked out the window to see the two of them riding down the sidewalk, Sweet holding a box. Didn't really think twice about it.

They came back about 45 minutes later. I was just finishing up breakfast when they walked in. I asked if they had fun they both said yes. Sweet just stood there and all of a sudden blurted out, "I painted the slide."

"You painted the what??"

"I painted the twirly slide. Dill was my look out."
Photobucket
OK, I have to admit I wondered why in the world this child would all of a sudden decide to embark on a life of crime AND drag her brother with her. Why did graffiti call out to her when I allow arts and crafts just about any time of the day. AND why did she have to drag her brother with her? I asked the juvenile delinquents the obvious question.

"Why, pray tell, did you paint the slide?"

"Because of the graffiti." Sweet answered. Dill stayed quiet

"What graffiti?" I asked.

"The graffiti on the slide." Sweet said with a slight tone while rolling her eyes at Dill. He continued his silence.

"What did the graffiti say?"

"Oh just stuff like hi."

I didn't buy that for a minute. I turned to Dill and said, "What did the graffiti say?"

Knowing he could no longer keep quiet Dill said, "I can't talk like that."

"I give you permission this ONE time to speak like that. Spell where possible."

What he told me made me blush, and I have been married for umpteen years. The picklets found it offensive and decided to paint over it.

I took the two of them in my arms and gave them a huge hug.

Sweet said, "So you're not mad?"

"No, I'm not mad. I am very, very proud of my graffiti artist and her look out!"

They say every graffiti artist has a signature...
Photobucket
Do you think blue with yellow dots is taken already?


(c) 2008-2010 Wicked Pickles-Homefrontl Lines

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

How cute!

Fairie Mom said...

That is AWESOME! I wish more kids would take it upon themselves to clean up something when needed - rather than giggle and comment even when they don't totally get it!
Good for them!