Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Back to Blogging

Well, it certainly has been a long time since my last post.  I can't give an exact reason for the absence...maybe just loss of interest?  Regardless, I have had this itch to get back to blogging for some time.  So, here it goes.

First off in the years of my absence a lot has changed around the ole pickle barrel.  Chip is finished with school, has moved into an apartment and has a "mostly" full time job coaching gymnastics.  I couldn't be prouder of him.  He is self sufficient, good with money and has a sense of duty to God & family.  However, I can say he could take the adage "Cleanliness is next to Godliness" to heart.  :)

Dill just turned 18 and is in his last year of studies here at home.  He is an aspiring writer, has his recommended black belt in TKD and purple belt in Hopkido and also has a vocabulary unlike anyone else I know.  He wears suits because he likes to and searches Goodwill for new to him suits, waistcoats and tailcoats.  He has a heart of gold and would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it.   In his spare time is takes a parkour class and coaches gymnastics a couple times a week.

Sweet is 15 and is a mixture of her brothers-both good and bad.  She still loves gymnastics and like both her brothers, is also coaching a couple days a week.  She is currently equivalent to a sophomore in her studies.

As much as we are blessed by our two legged children, our 4 legged children bless us too.  Shadow, Palo and Sirius are our feline children and Cassie is our K-9 child.  They bring a lot of fun and wonder to our lives.

Cool is an accountant and loves his job.  He volunteers quite a bit at a different gym and is trying to start a Parkour program there.

As for me, I am still a wife, mother, daughter, teacher and hopefully friend.  I work part time at the same gym Sweet and Dill work as a secretary.  It gets me out to socialize with people and pays for gas and groceries.

We have started our 2014-2015 studies and I plan to update daily.  The picklets are working on individual work as well as doing a Chronicles of Narnia study together.  It is proving to be a fun though busy year.


No comments: