Monday, June 9, 2008

Negativity

"Nobody loves me, everybody hates me, I think I'll go eat worms..."

That is how I am feeling these days. I know we all go through bouts of negativity. It is just a part of life. But lately I have been the most Negative Nellie I have ever known. It might be the time of year. It might be the upheaval our lives have been in the last year. It might be the kids don't listen. It might just be life. Needless to say, it is really bothering me.

My attitude is definitely showing. No one can do anything right, they don't do it fast enough, quiet enough, loud enough, slow enough. And it is really starting to show in the kids...they are fighting more, yelling more, being more aggressive and not doing their school work. How can I possibly get mad at them for not doing what they should be doing with a happy heart if I don't do what I am supposed to do with a happy heart? But I do.

I know there are some issues that are nagging at me and I am trying to work on them. First is the simplicity issue with the house. I need it simple. We have far too many material processions that are bogging us down. I need for the stuff we don't need and use to be outta here. I need for the house to be no perfect, but picked up and presentable. I have started working on that. I even started a blog (you will see the link to the left) but haven't updated it in a while. It has been a start and I will continue as best I can.

The second is my weight. I am way, way over weight. This menopausal thing sucks! I need to shed these pounds. I know I will be less tired if I do. I also know I will have more energy to do the things with the kids that I want. I will also be happier with my outward appearance and I might also be able to see my real face again.

The third is financial. One income, living in a small town, traveling 40 minutes to do anything, rising food, gas and energy prices equals only one thing...WE NEED MORE MONEY! I know alot of people suffer from this also...in this day and age how can we not?

How do you all get through your negative times? Is there a simple solution I am not seeing?

I know one thing, I need to step back and evaluate before I act...if I do that, I know things will run smoother around here.

© 2008 The Homefront Lines

3 comments:

momof3feistykids said...

Juno, I have the same issues (weight, finances and the need to simplify) and others, of course. To top it off, since a heat wave hit, I have been fighting the tendency to be a b&*^% nearly all the time. I really don't have any advice except to concentrate on the things you can control-- like the simplifying, making manageable short-term goals, maybe a list of one room or area per week to sort through and clean. For some reason writing lists and plans helps me ward off insanity. Knowing I'm making baby steps toward solving problems helps too. And of course to try to carve out some time for yourself. Even a few hours of reading time in the evening, when the kids are in their rooms for the night, makes a HUGE difference. I like my mysteries.
:-D Are you getting any exercise? I'm not practicing what preach, but that seems to be the best thing for anxiety as well as for weight loss. ((((HUGS))))

Unknown said...

No advice right now...just hugs.

(((Juno)))

Unknown said...

Ok, now I am back with a little bit more sleep. LOL.

I was like this before we went camping. It took 4 solid days of getting away from everything. I didn't have to worry about too much while there. It was easier, because I only had to worry about the basics, food, clothing and shelter. Other than that nothing was important. I was able to leave all the other junk at home. I know that when we came home it was harder to get use to all the extras. I wondered why we needed everything. I don't know about you, but when there is alot of clutter in my house, my mind is cluttered and I just cannot function anymore. Man I sound like my mom.

I worry about my weight all the time. I want the girl that I see in the mirror to look like the one that I see in my mind. I also worry about the example that I am setting for the kiddos. I want to make sure that I am sending the correct example. It is a tough one there.

As for the financial aspect..I am not sure what to tell you there. I think that we need to find a money tree! (((Hugs)))