Wednesday, September 3, 2008

August 27, 2008

Wednesday was a week ago...I can't remember everything that happened but I will give it a shot.

Dill went with Cool to be dropped off at my dad's for an early start to the holiday weekend.

We started the day with Sweet practicing her recorder. Palo was listening intently.She is self learning using a free book I found on the Internet. Dill is also learning. They are hoping to play this instrument in their Czech Folk Ensemble. We will find out at next practice...I hope.

It was a day of finishing school work, though no one really finished. We took a break and walked to the gas station to get malts. Kind of a treat because they got stuck at home doing school work while Dill The Lucky got to go camping with Grandpa.

On the way back Chip found this laying on the side of the road under an oak tree.We still have no clue as to what it is. The picklets took a utility knife and cut it open.It had no smell and was sort of fleshy on the inside. It also bled. No one was brave enough to taste it. (not that I would have let them anyway)
For our movie schooling we watched Time Warp Trio: What's So Great about Peter?, Cyberchase: Fractions: Zeus on the Loose and Arthur: Desk Wars/Desperately Seeking Stanley.

They also filled out their "what I learned strips". I don't have them in front of me so I will update it later. I called Dill Wednesday evening to find out what he learned fully expecting to hear "I learned how to be retired." To my surprise Dill says, (and I quote) "I learned that we don't dirty dishes unless there is a woman here to wash them." I told him to put Grandpa back on the phone immediately. Yes, it was said to get my goat but in this day and age we don't want chauvinistic pigs being raised in the pickle barrel.

© 2008 Wicked Pickles-Homefront Lines

Happy Trails~~

No comments: