So, I decided since we have no ambition that we are going to take the rest of the year off. Hmmm, rest of the year off? I hear myself say that and get the heebie jeebies. Can I sit back and let the picklets take a little over a month off with no school, no structure, nothing?
Knowing I couldn't, I rethought my previous decision and decided we would take the rest of the year off with a few provisions. LOL...just like me to add rules to our sabbatical. So, for the rest of the year this is what I have come up with:
- Reading of non-fiction books (they each have a pile that must be finished by the end of the year)
- Cooking (they will each continue cooking the same as always)
- Limited TV (History, Science and Social Studies at the tip of our fingertips)
- Music (piano, ensemble)
- Art (Sketch Tuesday)
- Unplugged Theme of the week
- Cleaning and Simplifying
- Anything else that pops up and looks to be fun AND educational.
Though it doesn't seem like much right now, I know the picklets will benefit from all the above mentioned. My mind is cloudy, my brain frazzled and my house cluttered. I need the be renewed and refreshed for the new year. This is my first step towards that.
What are your December plans?
© 2008 Wicked Pickles-Homefront Lines