Monday, January 12, 2009

Manic Monday

"It's just another manic Monday
I wish it was Sunday
'Cause that's my funday
My I don't have to runday
It's just another manic Monday"
The Bangles

Ahhh....1986 and The Bangles. Got me through many a tough morning because, let's face it, every morning seemed like Monday when having to get up for highschool. I was a teenager, what can I say?

I lived one of those "Manic Mondays" today. 6:00 did come too soon, I was in the middle of a dream and boy did I wish my bed was already made.

Today would have made a good Sunday, really. It was cold and started snowing about 9. It snowed most of the day...probably another 5". Then the wind picked up. We are now under a blizzard warning. That is definitely Sunday weather, d d d d definitely Sunday weather.

The kids were high strung today. I swear someone snuck in last night and fed them a whole bunch of sugar cause they were wired. And LOUD. My God were they loud. I had them play addition war to practice adding skills, because lets face it, we could all use a refresher when we don't use those skills every day. I could not believe how loud they were. And from there it just got worse. Everything was 50 times louder than it needed to be including walking through the house. Sweet was exercising with me and I could feel the house shake from her knee lifts. Maybe my ears are just getting old.

They are all in bed right now and all I can hear is the dog drinking from the toilet and even that is loud. Yes, they have a water bowl, full of water, but they both insist on drinking out of the toilet. Can't reason with some people I tell ya.

As I am sitting here thinking about my own personal "Manic Monday" I realize that it is these days that make my life whole. I love to see the personality develop in each child. To see the spirit of each. To have that spark ignite even if it is just in a game of war. And even though war was loud and the knee lifts could quite possibly have shaken loose a support beam in the basement, I know that I better enjoy the noise while I can. Pretty soon they are going to be grown and I will then be longing for the commotion, noise and fun. I just wish on days like this we could find a happy medium.

Chip:
Math: Ghost Blasters, addition war, Spectrum math, multiplication wrap ups
Language Arts: journal jar, Grammar Lapbook, 30 Days of Poetry (day 1)
Arts: piano practice, bass practice
Reading: Treasure Island
Misc: ABCrobics, made cake in a mug, made spaghetti tacos

Dill:
Math: Ghost Blasters, addition war, Spectrum math, multiplication wrap ups
Language Arts: journal jar, Grammar Lapbook, 30 Days of Poetry (day 1)
Arts: piano practice, recorder practice
Reading: The Virginian
Misc: ABCrobics, made cake in a mug, made spaghetti tacos

Sweet:
Math: Ghost Blaster, addition war, AEP math, multiplication wrap ups
Language Arts: journal jar, online mad libs, 30 Days of Poetry (day 1)
Arts: piano practice
Reading: Eleanor Roosevelt
Misc: ABCrobics, made cake in a mug, worked on Think!, made spaghetti tacos

Read aloud: Tucket's Gold by Gary Paulson
By end of week: Think! (make a scale), Unplugged (balance), Sketch Tuesday

© 2009 Wicked Pickles-Homefront Lines

No comments: