Monday, April 27, 2009

The End of TV Free Week

We failed, completely. Well, almost completely.
  1. We turned off the TV on Monday but it was turned on the rest of the week.
  2. We let the picklets play DS whenever they wanted, when we usually don't let them play at all during the week.
  3. As for making something cool everyday, that didn't happen because they were watching TV and playing DS each day.
  4. I did limit my computer time this past week but I was working at Sokol the entire week.
  5. My phone time was limited too, same reason as above.
  6. I read aloud on Monday morning and Monday night but didn't touch a book the rest of the week.
  7. Fun...we did have fun...on Saturday. The picklets competed in the gymnastics competition at our new gym! More on that later.

So, I don't think we are failures per-se. I think TV Free Week came at a bad time this year. We had a plan set in motion with a deadline looming and had to stick to it. The ending was great as we got to watch our picklets compete. Oh yeah, it was great and all the work we put into Sokol was well worth it!

© 2008-2009 Wicked Pickles-Homefront Lines

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a good balance to me.