I have been thinking about how we should handle TV Free Week this year. We are not going to be home much because Sokol is preparing to host a gymnastics competition this weekend. Is it cheating if you aren't home?
With the changes I have made, I don't think so. Here are my plans:
- Even though we watch a number of educational programs and movies I have decided that we will cut those out with the exception of the two netflix movies we have in our pocession. Nancy Drew TV series season 1 disc 3 and National Geographic Winged Migration will be watched at some point this week and sent back.
- No school. Since we are going to be gone every day this week I have decided to cancel school as we know it.
- Make something cool. We will make something cool everyday. I will more than likely leave the decision of what up to the picklets so stay tuned.
- No un-needed telephone. This week will be spent telephone free with the exception of family and business.
- Limited computer. I will still post 1 or 2 blog entries a day and will check my email once in the morning and once at night but will stay away from the computer, reading blogs and other non-essential items.
- No Wii or DS games. They can go without for a week. Won't kill them.
- Read aloud. I have many books here that I need to read to the picklets. I will make the time in the morning to read aloud to them. (snuck school in again didn't I?)
- Have fun. We have been so stressed with Cool working a ton of overtime, working at the Sokol building and being broke that I am going to make everyone have fun even if it kills me...lol. Seriously, we have been stressed so I am going to try to find 1 thing we can do that will be fun for everyone.
Happy TV Free Week!