Monday, April 20, 2009

Update on Meeting the Gov

The question was asked by anonymous (scroll to bottom for comments) as to why I "etched out" the faces of the Czech Royalty and Czech dancing children (in Meeting the Gov) but not the other "non essential" people because it looks "tacky".

Let me explain.

First of all, the Czech Royalty and Czech dancing children are NOT "non-essential". They are our children's friends. They and their families are very important in our families lives. We have been very privileged to know each and every one of them. They are NOT non-essential.

Second of all, this blog is about our family and homeschooling life. Cool and I have discussed in detail about posting our children's pictures on the blog. Sometimes important pictures with our children that include other people will be posted. We are responsible for our children but cannot assume that other parents want their children's pictures on our blog. Unless I have permission I will not post a minors picture, period. Asking permission sometimes slips my mind when taking pictures and the children are etched out. When a parent is asked we respect their answer and post accordingly.

I take the stance to not post pictures of other peoples children without permission as my responsibility and as a way to show respect to the children as well as the parents. I do not want others posting pictures of my kids without my permission. On that same note posting pictures of adults without their permission is irresponsible and disrespectful too. I should have gotten permission and thus have "etched" them out.

I do want to mention that I have seen many other blogs etch faces out and do not think it tacky in the least. It is the only responsible and safe thing to do in this day and age.

Thanks for reading and thanks for your comment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I see. Thanks for the response, it certainly isn't a common stance to take and is admirable.

Unknown said...

I personally do not put my kids' pictures online. I just wanted to thank you for thinking of their safety.