Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday Tidbits

I cleaned my dresser out today and now have proof that rice krispie treats and t-bone steaks are evil. I got rid of a Rubbermaid tub full of clothing that just doesn't fit anymore. I have an over-abundance of socks. I don't have a clue why I have so many since I haven't bought socks in years. But I sorted through them and got rid of the ones I don't ever wear. Sweet took a couple of the cute pairs and the rest are going to Goodwill. I wish I could think of a great craft project to do with them instead.

I cleaned the bathroom and used a tip I got from the AARP magazine I read yesterday while at the eye doctor. Instead of using the bathroom and toilet cleaners use shampoo instead. I really hate using those chemicals. They smell bad and make my hands hurt. So, I used some cheap shampoo. My bathroom sparkled and smelled good. PLUS my hands didn't hurt and I'm not worried about what the chemicals are doing to us. Since I used up all my cleaners the last time I cleaned the bathroom, shampoo will be my cleaner of choice from now on.

Sweet and Dill made cookies and lemonade to have another lemonade stand this afternoon. They sat outside for a few minutes and were rained out. It is too bad since they are trying to earn the money to buy Cool a new flag for Father's Day. I think I will pick one up for them. They can pay me back when they earn the money.

The picklets have been reading all the time. Sweet has earned all but 1 prize at the library this summer. I need to find some more reading programs for them. They love the incentives. I love the peace and quiet.

I started a new book last night that is calling my name. I think I am going to make myself some hot cocoa, curl up and lose myself in another world.

No comments: