Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Journey Through Learning

Love lapbooks and Unit Studies? I do. They are a great way of learning without having to crack open a text. LOVE IT!

I recently found A Journey Through Learning. They offer lapbooks, unit studies, copywork, templates and organizers for preschool through 8th grade. Finding affordable lapbooks for middle school aged kids can be a bit difficult I have found.

The materials are offered in 3 different ways. The first is an instant download in which you print yourself. The second is a CD, also a "you print". They then offer the purchased materials in printed form and if it is a lapbook it includes 3 colored file folders. Also offered is an assembled lapbook which would save me a ton of work! Shipping is free.

The lapbooks are all in color which poses to be a problem for me to print as I only have a black and white printer. But I like that the mini books should be printed on white paper and not on colored. Never have liked that look, not sure I ever will.

I guess what intrigues me the most about this site are the lapbooks they have for Circle C Adventures. I have never heard of this series of books until looking on this site. These books are made for Sweet! Absolutely perfect. I am soooo excited! I have ordered the first book and plan on completing the lapbook with her. I love when I find something that I can do with the picklets one on one.

Check out A Journey Through Learning and sign up for their newsletter. They will send you a free instant download of An Overview of the 17th Century. I just downloaded mine and plan on using it with all the picklets. I will report back when we are done. Until then...carry forth!


No comments: