Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Lunch Out

Sweet received a gift certificate to Pizza Hut for her birthday. So today we went to Pizza Hut for lunch. I think it was a mistake.

We got there at about 11:30. The place was almost full but they squeezed us into a table/booth. We ordered our drinks and went to the buffet to get our food. We ate, talked, ate some more, got our check and I went up to pay.

Cool works for Pizza Hut. We get a 20% discount. It is a nice benefit though it really doesn't make up for the 30 hours a week he works there...we'd rather have him home. But anyway, like I said, we usually get a 20% discount. Usually being the key word. The manager said discounts are only given in the home store or the store that Cool works at. I said very nicely, "We have ordered pizza from here before and always received the discount." She replied with, "That's the rule."

So I handed the lady Sweet's gift card and had her run it through. She told me the card was empty. What??? I asked her to run it through again and she said there was no money. So I have her cash and waited for my change. She couldn't figure out how to give me change back. The register said that she couldn't enter an amount larger than the total so she was stuck. My 4th grader figured out that the change was $.83 before she got back with her manager. Unbelievable. Making change is definitely a lost art.

So I decided to call the number on the back of the Pizza Hut card after getting to work. Guess what! There is money on the card! ::roll eyes::

Lunch, though it was good, was pretty stressful in the end. I think Cool is going to stop by there tonight and talk to the manager about it. If for no other reason because the cashier didn't know how to make change.

(c) 2008-2009 Wicked Pickles-Homefront Lines

No comments: