Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I Miss My Griddle

A few months ago we had to throw my much loved, much used griddle away. I was heartbroken. I wasn't sure how I would be able to make grilled cheese sandwiches, pancakes or french toast. I rediscovered the skillet. It wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be. That was until last night.

The picklets wanted pancakes for supper. I mixed up the batter, heated up the cast iron skillet and set to work. It was a lesson in patience to say the least. I burned all but the last 4 pancakes. Oh well.

The rest of the day went really well. I finally finished the upstairs. We had 3 1/2 van loads of stuff for Goodwill. Enough garbage to fill all our cans and thinned out enough books to fill a small library. It looks really nice up there. I hope the picklets realize that less is more.

Sweet decided to take up painting last night so she got the easel out and painted masterpieces for Cool and myself. As soon as I change camera batteries I will take pictures and share.

Dill is still sick with a fever, stuffy nose and headyache. He is miserable.

Chip is slowly getting better but is still sniffly and coughy.

We have a new addiction. Ranch Rush is consuming our free time, making us fight over who gets the computer. It is a time management game similar to Cake Mania but harder, we think.

Other than that not a lot going on. Hope your week is going well.



(c) 2008-2010 Wicked Pickles-Homefront Lines

No comments: