Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Bloggy Neglect

I didn't realize I haven't posted in so long. I am not sure why. But here I am ready and willing to give you an update. Believe me, it isn't much.

Last week we took spring break. We enjoyed the nice weather, some relaxation and got some much needed sleep. This week is sorta a break but not really. Chip and Sweet have a gymnastics competition on Saturday and have practice each day this week. I am running my tail off playing chauffeur. Soccer moms have nothing on us gymnastics moms.

We have been keeping up with the Decorah Eagles and have been enjoying them so much. The eaglets are so cute. The parents work their tukesses off taking care of them. It is GREAT living science.

So, with the above living science, life skills and educational computer game play, this is how our week is looking.

Monday: We planted some perinials in the yard. We bought several this past weekend as they were on sale for a pretty good price. While we planted we discussed the purpose of flowers both physically and mentally. How they affect the environment and what life would be like without them.

Tuesday: We are taking my grandma shopping and having breakfast with her. The picklets and I have dentist appointments at 1:00 and we have to be at gymnastics practice at 5:30. I also need to make time to plant the last of the flowers. I think we have 8 left.

Wednesday: Sweet has an appointment to touch up her pink highlights and get cornrows at 10:00. I work from 2:00-8:00 and the picklets have gymnastics. The picklets have piano practice from 2:00-3:30 and they need to work on their research project their piano teacher assigned them.

Thursday: The morning is free for cleaning, laundry and whatever else pops up. I work from 2:00-5:30. Chip and Sweet have practice from 6:00-8:00 and Dill has Tae Kwon Do at 6:30.

Friday: Cool, Chip and Sweet leave for the competition. Dill and I are staying home because we couldn't find a sub for the paper delivery. We contemplated quitting but came to the conclusion that the money comes in handy. I was OK with the decision when we made it but am feeling a sense of loss right now. My stomach is just empty. Dill and I are planning on eating Chinese and resting this weekend. I am hoping with all my might that Cool will tape everything and will call as soon as they get the results. They have worked so hard.

They each have their own personal things too. Among other things, Sweet is currently making posters for each of her teammates for the lockers at the gym. Dill is learning to play Yughio Chaotic and Chip is learning Italian from his I-pod.

Saturday and Sunday we have nothing spectacular planned. Saturday, after paper delivery, I am going back to bed and plan on sleeping the morning away. I hope to get up and drink coffee in bed while playing Ranch Rush. LOL...pathetic aren't I?

Cool and the other two won't be back until sometime Monday. We are going to take it easy next week and use it as a planning week. The picklets have their research papers, music practices and "free" reading to keep them busy.

I have a bunch of pictures I want to post but have been extremely lazy in uploading them to the puter. Hopefully this weekend I will take a year off and post away. :-D

No comments: