- Your fences need to be horse-high, pig-tight and bull-strong
- Keep skunks and bankers at a distance
- Life is simpler when you plow around the stump
- A bumble bee is considerable faster that a John Deere tractor
- Words that soak into your ear are whispered...not yelled
- Meanness jes' don't happen overnight
- Forgive your enemies; it messes up their heads
- Do not corner something that you know is meaner than you
- It don't take a very big person to carry a grudge
- You cannot unsay a cruel word
- Every path has a few puddles
- When you wallow with pigs expect to get dirty
- The best sermons are lived, not preached
- Most of the stuff people worry about ain't gonna happen anyhow
- Don't judge folks by their relatives
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer
- Live a good, honorable life. When you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.
- Don't interfere with somethin' that ain't botherin' you none
- Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of the Rain dance
- If you find yourself in a hole the first thing to do is stop diggin'
- Sometimes you get, and sometimes you get got
- The biggest trouble maker you'll probably ever have to deal with watches you from the mirror every mornin'
- Always drink upstream from the heard
- Good judgement comes from experience and allota that come from bad judgement
- Lettin' the cat out of the bag is a whole lot easier that puttin' it back in
- If you get to thinkin' you're a person of influence try orderin' someone else dog around
- Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Old Farmer's Advice
Being that I am the grand-daughter of the greatest farmer ever (I absolutely LOVED my grandpa), I felt the need to post this. These words could be straight from his mouth!