Saturday, December 4, 2010

Countdown to Christmas: Day 4

Ahhh...the weekend. Too bad we are booked! We got our first snow fall last night, less than an inch, but it is beautiful this morning. I really like being the first person to make tracks in the snow when we deliver papers. Gives me a sense of power or belonging or something like that.

Today's countdown is pretty simple. Our slip read:

"It's National Cookie Day! Let's bake some cookies!"

1. Learn the history of cookies.
2. Copywork :

Animal Crackers
by Christopher Morley

Animal crackers and cocoa to drink,
That is the finest of suppers I think;
When I'm grown up and can have what I please
I think I shall always insist upon these.
What do YOU choose when you're offered a treat?
When Mother says, "What would you like best to eat?"
Is it waffles and syrup, or cinnamon toast?
It's cocoa and animals that I love most!

The kitchen's the coziest place that I know;
The kettle is singing, the stove is aglow,
And there in the twilight, how jolly to see
The cocoa and animals waiting for me.

Daddy and Mother dine later in state,
With Mary to cook for them, Susan to wait;
But they don't have nearly as much fun as I
Who eat in the kitchen with Nurse standing by;
And Daddy once said, he would like to be me
Having cocoa and animals once more for tea!

3. A Bach Christmas Advent Calendar

4. The Cinnamon Bear

5. Bake Cookies!

Snickerdoodles
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Sugar
Animal Crackers


© 2008-2010 Wicked Pickles-Homefront Lines

No comments: