Saturday, December 4, 2010

Tips and Recipes Week

For the last installment of Tips and Recipes Week I have one word of advice. Don't sweat the small stuff. Things don't have to be perfect. Don't worry about everything being perfect. Just the illusion of perfect is plenty good. Take that time you would spend making things perfect and spend it with you kidlets. You won't be sorry.

I also have a recipe to share. I made them for my supper tonight and thought I should share the recipe. This is just a mishmash of different recipes I tweaked until I found something I liked. I am the only one who likes sweet potato fries in the house so it is definitely made to my taste and it will definitely keep the vampires away!

Sweet Potato Fries for 1

1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into fries (they are bigger than McDonald's fries but smaller than Wendy's)
olive oil
chili powder
paprika
seasoned salt
garlic powder

Heat the oven to 425. Put baking sheet in to heat up. Put the fries in a bowl. Drizzle olive oil over the potatoes and the spices to you taste. I use about a TBS olive oil and about 1/2 tsp each of the seasonings. Toss until the taters are coated. Put taters on hot baking sheet and bake for about 15-17 minutes or until done. Dip in garlic dipping sauce.

Garlic Dipping Sauce

1/4 cup mayo
2-3 cloves garlic grated

Mix together.

Eat. They are VERY filling and will give you garlic breath. Good thing Cool is working late tonight. :-)

(c) 2008-2010 Wicked Pickles-Homefront Lines

No comments: