Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Wishing you and yours the bestest of new years filled with health, happiness, love and peace!

This new year we are learning to say "Happy New Year" in different languages. I find this much harder than the picklets do. Different languages come much easier to them than me. My French and Spanish teachers could have told you 20 or so years ago that I would never speak any language besides English fluently.

We used this website to learn how to pronounce Happy New Year. The picklets were bummed Cantonese wasn't on there but were psyched that Mandarin was.

They also watched the below Youtube Video. I can't attest to the accuracy of it since "different" is spelled wrong on the front page but it did give the picklets an idea of the different pronunciations.

What did you learn for the New Year??

(c) 2008-2011 Wicked Pickles-Homefront Lines

No comments: