Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

It is a gorgeous day here in Iowa. The sun shone brightly, the temperature rose up to the 40's this afternoon and the snow is melting! Doesn't get much better than that. ;-)

We had a full day of school with math, science, research, literature, read alouds, keyboarding and other scholastic stuff. I recently started using Skedtracker for a tracking system and the picklets are really taking to it. They follow what needs to be done and make notes as they go. It will be a great evidence of learning at the end of the year.

Right now Chip and Sweet are at gymnastics while Dill and I are watching Wheel of Fortune. It is one of Dill's favorites. I never have cared for it but I play along for the lad. Of course he whoops my butt each and every time!

Tomorrow is our busy day. I am trying to get my ducks in a row tonight so I know what I am doing. Trying to get organized and actually follow a schedule is very hard but the end result will be well worth it. It is hard to get to that point after so many years of schooling in our pj's.

Wishing you and yours a love filled day with plenty of memory filled moments.


© 2008-2010 Wicked Pickles-Homefront Lines

1 comment:

LJS said...

Good luck with your schedule. I try so hard but it seems that our new way of one core subject a day (with math everyday) is our best schedule for now. My kids are refusing to get dressed until we actually need to leave the house, so most days they are doing their lessons in pjs. I don't mind for now since it is the dead of winter, but I have a feeling when spring finally arrives they are going to be up and dressed a whole lot earlier!