Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Men in My Life

Lasts weeks adventure with Cool was stressful enough to keep me going for a while. I don't like hospitals. Monday was way more than stressful enough to keep me going. Seizures and waiting are definitely no fun. So when I got the phone call from my mom that she took my dad to the ER Friday night, I had enough. What is it with the men in my life anyway??

I knew the hospital visit was coming. My dad has not been feeling well for some time. He was getting very short of breath when walking. Last year he had a stent put in because of the same type of symptom. When they came home Wednesday because his chest was tight I tried to get him to call his doctor. He said he'd wait. Thursday when he said he wasn't any better I tried to get him to go to the hospital. He said he'd wait. Friday night he had chest pain with it radiating down his arm. He told my mom, "maybe it is time to go to the hospital." So she hauled him to the ER. I got the phone call about 8:30. They were still running tests and had no answers except that he did not have a heart attack.

I spent half the day at the hospital with my mom yesterday. Dad slept most of the time we were there. He had a terrible headache (from the nitro) that just wiped him out. Today he is scheduled for a stress test that will hopefully give us some answers. The only thing we know is something is wrong. Eliminating what isn't wrong can be a long process I guess. I need to pick my mom up around 8 this morning. The test results will be back around noon. He will then either be released or scheduled for a procedure. I guess which one will depend on the out
come of the tests.

Needless to say, I am a bit stressed. I came home last night, sat down at the computer to get school ready for next week and ended up playing Cake Mania for 2 hours. Guess I needed some down time.

Hope your weekend is going well and check out my giveaway if you haven't already.

© 2008-2009 Wicked Pickles-Homefront Lines

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

HUGS -- you'll be in my thoughts.