Sunday, November 28, 2010

Tips and Recipes Week

Sausage Burgers and Avocado Creme

A post from June 2, 2009 that I never posted. Better late than never

I made a really good supper tonight, but didn't take a picture of it because I couldn't wait to sink my teeth into it. I can't take full credit for it cause SWMNBN was on the phone with me and told me to jazz it up, so I did! The whole family LOVED, except for the eldest teenager who just said, "It's OK."

Open Faced Sausage Burger with Carmelized Onions

1 lb sausage
1/4 cup spinach flakes
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 - 1/2 tsp celery seed
salt and pepper to taste
onion slices
garlic bread

Mix all together and fry until done. When done, remove and drain the grease. Add a couple TBS butter and onions. Stir around, cover and let carmelize stirring every once in a while. Serve burger on garlic bread smothered with onions.

Avacado Creme

1/2 cup lite sour cream
1 avacado, mashed
onion to taste
minced garlic to taste (I use a lot of garlic)
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all together and serve with baked potato along with your sausage burger.

YUM!

written to be posted in June 2009, posted November 2010

No comments: