Friday, December 10, 2010

Countdown to Christmas: Day 10

We are due for a winter storm of sorts this weekend. Blowing snow that can make the roads slick as snot. We had a storm like that a couple years back. I had to drive home in it. I pulled over to the side of the road and cried. Twice. Cool, who was driving the car in back of me, called me to find out what was wrong. I cried and cried, telling him I couldn't do it. I just couldn't drive anymore. He talked me into continuing because we were almost to our turn and then there would be no more oncoming traffic. I agreed.

So, we continued driving and turned onto our county road. Headlight upon headlight kept coming at me. I pulled over again, trembling and crying. Cool called. "You can't just stop here! There is no shoulder. You have to keep going!" As I blubbered, "You told me there wouldn't be oncoming traffic! You lied to me!" We made it home but I will never live down the day I pulled over and cried. Twice. When Cool heard the forecast for this weekend he said, "Sounds like another one of those storms where you will have to pull over and cry." I eyed him something fierce but concurred.

No slip again today. I need to fill up the rest of our countdown house. I have just been lazy. But we caught up on everything and baked more cookies.

1. The Cinnamon Bear
2. A Bach Christmas Advent Calendar
3. Silent Night Illustrations
4. Nativity set for Grandma and Grandpa--I printed this and thought it would be a nice way to send a nativity to my parents for the camper. Plus it adds a personal touch because the picklets are coloring them.
5. Listened to The Life and Adventures of Santa Clause We listen to this every year. It was recommended to me from the Santa at the mall years ago. He would hug the kids and say, "I love you more than the brightest star." I don't know, it has just stuck with me and we love the book.

That's about it. Sweet had gymnastics. Dill spent time at my MIL's house. I spent the evening at the coffee shop sipping a chocolate banana smoothie and listening to the Mama Mia Soundtrack.

No comments: