Sunday, September 12, 2010

Scientific Pizza--Part 2

Better late than never is what I always say.

Back in January 2009, the picklets made scientific pizzas. It was The Year of Science 2009. The challenge was to "Create a Scientific Pizza - whatever that looks like to you!" After a little prodding, the picklets decided that was for lunch. I posted it and didn't think much of it.

A few months later I received an email that stated we won a prize for our participation in the scientific pizza challenge. I sent my address and waited.

The beginning of this year I received an envelope from The American Institute of Biological Sciences. Lo and behold our prize came! A $25 gift certificate to Starbucks and a $30 Visa gift card. Along with the cards came this little note.
Photobucket
Pretty awesome, huh?

I put the envelope into my notebook. And forgot about it. Until I ran across that particular notebook a couple weeks ago. Yup. I went to the grocery store and decided to use the Visa card. The 11.83 total wouldn't go through. I called the number on the back of the card. Only $7.00 of the original $30 was left due to monthly service fees. Never used and the company took $23.00! I now know not to buy those as gifts for my nieces and nephews.

The Starbucks card has been put to good use. Strawberry and Creme frapucinnos for me and the picklets. Nummy!

Anyway, winning the scientific pizza contest was a big surprise. Not to mention nummy.

No comments: